Our Saturday morning and Tuesday evening program is perfect for beginner skaters. One $10.00 admission includes skate rental, personalized instruction facilitated by our supportive Skating School coaches, AND complimentary admission to the public skating session. Pre-registration for these fun Learn 2 Sk8 classes is NOT required. Parents are encouraged to join the fun, too!
Saturday Morning Schedule
Tiny Tot (12 & Younger) Parents welcome to join in on the fun for only $5.00 with paid child!
- 9:00 – 9:15am Registration and warm up begin.
- 9:15 – 10am Enjoy personalized Learn 2 Sk8 instruction from Skating School coaches.
- 10am – noon Have fun practicing what you learned! Additionally, private Lessons by Session are available during this time. Sign up in the Skating School office.
Tuesday Evening Schedule
Family Fun Night is for all ages!
- 5:30pm – 5:45pm Registration and warm up begin.
- 5:50pm – 6:30pm Enjoy personalized Learn 2 Sk8 instruction from Skating School coaches.
- 6:30pm – 9pm Have fun practicing what you learned! Additionally, private Lessons by Session are available during this time. Sign up in the Skating School office.
Skaters progress at their own rate through the following sets of skills:
- VIP Skater: New skaters/non-skaters learn safety techniques, correct posture, balancing on skates and how to roll.x
- Yellow Group: While reinforcing correct body posture, skaters learn basic skills such as starting/stopping, scissors, balancing on one foot, edging and shoot the duck.
- Green Group: While continuing and strengthening basic skills previously learned, the skater will be introduced to backward skating.